At its annual meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021, the members of Sustain Saint Paul elected eight to serve on the organization’s Board of Directors.
Five of the directors have served on the board during 2020:
- Elizabeth Wefel – Ward 3: Macalester Groveland
- Luke Hanson – Ward 3: Macalester Groveland
- Tyler Blackmon – Ward 3: Highland Park
- Micheal Foley – Ward 1: Summit-University
- Merritt Clapp-Smith – Ward 2: Downtown
Three new faces were also elected:
- Melanie Day – Ward 2: West Seventh / Fort Road
- James Slegers – Ward 2: Summit Hill
- Karen Allen – Ward 4: Hamline-Midway
Members also elected board officers Wefel and Hanson as co-chairpersons, Blackmon as treasurer, and Foley as secretary.
A little more than a year after the organization known as Sustain Ward 3 expanded citywide and renamed itself Sustain Saint Paul, the Board of Directors now has representatives from four of Saint Paul’s seven wards, and seven of Saint Paul’s 17 neighborhood districts.
Seeking diverse leadership
The board still has vacant seats, and it’s looking to fill them with diverse leadership: people of various racial and gender identities, and especially people who reside in wards 5, 6, and 7. We need a wide range of lived expertise and perspectives to be a strong and healthy organization.
Fill out our form to learn more about serving on our board: