The Saint Paul Planning Commission is considering proposals to either reduce off-street parking requirements them altogether.
- Option 1: Reduce
- Option 2: Full Elimination
We believe full elimination of parking minimums helps everyone — renters, homeowners, small business owners, developers, and city planning staff. Option 2 is the best option for the following reasons:
- Parking minimums make housing expensive.
- Economic vitality depends increasingly on people, not cars.
- Option 2 is more equitable for neighborhoods and residents.
- We are facing a climate crisis because we incentivize driving.
- Option 1 retains the parking requirements bureaucracy.